This unique kit was conceptualized and created by Andrea Gingras. She has lovingly donated hours (and hours!) of her time and her artistic talents to bring you a play set featuring the warm and welcoming environment of home child care.
Use this kit to welcome new children to your daycare and to prepare your current group for the addition of a new friend. Help the current group to understand that a new friend might feel scared, or worried, or sad at first. Talk about ways to be kind and caring.
An original resource designed specifically with home child care in mind. Use this lovely kit to:
- welcome a new child into care
- prepare your group for a new child
- talk about kindness and empathy
- celebrate differences
- ease transitions
- help children with separation anxiety
What’s included in your kit:
- The board book A Kissing Hand for Chester Raccoon
- A beautifully hand felted 3D bear cave playscape, including a felted mama bear, bear cub, little fox, duckling, and child. Accessories include felted dress up hats, a wall portrait, daycare sign, carpet, and blanket. Each element is hand-crafted and unique in nature.
- A custom “Welcome to Child Care” e-booklet/video featuring your photos and choice of text.
- CCPRN’s digital PDF e-guide for parents and providers: “Transitioning to Child Care”
This kit was created with support from a grant that we received from the Ottawa Community Foundation.