Teacher Talk™ Training A: Encouraging Language Development in Early Childhood Settings ONLINE VERSION!!
- Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- Time: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Capacity: 13
- Price: Free
Module A: Tuesdays May 11th, 18th, and 25th from 6:30-9pm (7.5 hrs total) via Zoom
Module B: Dates to be confirmed, via Zoom (must complete Module A first)
Module C: Dates to be confirmed–hoping to offer Module C in person, in the fall (must complete Module A first).
This training addresses how home child care providers can use everyday conversations, play and daily routines to promote the communication and social development of all children, including those with language delays and those who are second language learners.
In Module A, you’ll learn how to:
- Identify children’s conversational styles and the role teachers play in interactions
- Implement six steps to following the child’s lead: Observe, Wait and Listen, Be Face to Face, Imitate, Interpret, Comment, and Join in and Play
- Help children become better conversation partners by using appropriate questions, comments and turn-taking cues
- Use five important steps to ensure that no child is left out of the interaction during group activities
1. Completion of a pre-training assignment – the assignment will be sent to you prior to the first session.
2. Workbook must be purchased, see details below. Order your workbook here.
3. Desktop, laptop or tablet, with microphone and video, high speed internet, email access, and adobe reader (free download available). Please note, smart phone screens are too small for the purpose of this training.
Certificates will be provided on completion of the training.
Closing date: April 26, 2021 *number of participants is limited
Registration Questions? Please email [email protected]